Attention: Apprentice Hairstylist. Join the “Clique Team”
We are looking for a full-time Apprentice Hairstylist to join our magnificent team! Clique Organic Salons is located in the heart of the Innovation District in Downtown Kitchener!
Apply today if you would like to join our family!
Job Description: Apprentice Hairstylist
Location: Innovation District – Downtown Kitchener
Hours: 20-32 hours
Days of work: Tuesday-Saturday
Salary: National Equivalent Rate for Apprentices
Assist and learn from stylists how to provide Clique Organic Salons services to valued clientele, support other
salon members with their duties at the same time as achieving your Apprenticeship and fulfilling the required hours prior to written exam and licensing.
An ideal assistant does not require previous experience within a salon environment. They must be able to maintain the Clique Organic Salons principles when performing any service in the absence of a stylist for example shampooing, head massage, promoting products and providing the highest level of customer service to guests visiting the salon. Their personality will ideally reflect the Clique Organic Salons brand showing passion, creativity, motivation and eagerness to learn to become leaders within the hair fashion world.
- Basic understanding of the hairdressing industry and of changing fashions and trends
- General knowledge of a hair salon
- Respecting, all educators and assessors and being attentive to tasks set and education given
- Able to communicate with all types of people
- Ability to learn new skills and the ability to pass these on
- Good communication and a personable nature to inspire, inform and share ideas to other team members
- Brand ambassador- through positive interaction with guests, visitors and general public
- Contribute to the salon being seen as the best salon in the community.
- You will have a direct responsibility to Management, In-Salon Educators, Stylists and other Assistants.
- Greeting guests and visitors to the salon, as well as handling inquiries by telephone and email.
- Playing a part in preparing the client ready for their service, including: refreshments, magazines, gowns and general comfort.
- Ensuring client is happy, comfortable and informed throughout their visit.
- Listening to the needs of guests, visitors and colleagues and informing others of any relevant information.
- Offering meaningful, relevant conversation.
- Discussing the benefits of hair care and products.
- Attending all in salon assessment and training days, and participating in periodic training reviews
- Complete courses offered by Clique Organic Salons and complete all project work and tests set by assessors and instructors in agreed time frame
- Adhere to information received during training
- Demonstrating learning to team, new assistants and guests
- Providing suitable training models when requested and having them on call if needed
- Keeping up to date with new brands, product knowledge, fashion within Clique Organics Salons and the hair industry
- Safety: Keeping fire exits clear, wearing required personal protective equipment and following Health and Safety procedures
- Assisting stylists with preparing clients for and during the service being provided, this may include neutralizing, removing colors and blow drying hair under supervision if required
- Housekeeping, keeping salon tidy, and reflecting the Clique Organic Salons brand principles
- Keeping a positive salon atmosphere
- Promoting Clique Organic Salons and its brand principles
- Attendance at salon activities in and out of the salon
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Recognized team member with a valued contribution to the salon
- Long term growth and movement within the company
Send a current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or preferably drop your resume at Clique Organic Salons 417 King St W, Kitchener ON
Competitive salary and opportunities to earn further benefits.
We will be impressed by: A cover letter explaining why you would make the ideal team member